Table of Contents:
- Information We Collect and Receive
- How We Use Information
- Data Retention
- How We Share and Disclose Information
- Age Limitations
- International Data Transfers
- Your Rights
- California Privacy Rights
- Contacting Us
The delivery, access, and use of the Services, are also governed by a separate agreement (the “Contract”) entered into by the person, organization or other authority that controls use of the Services (the “Customer”).
Information We Collect And Receive
Friendlybuzz may collect, obtain, process and/or receive messages, files, data or other content submitted, shared, created, provided, processed or otherwise collected, accessed, or obtained (collectively, “Data”) and other information and data (“Other Information”), whether of a confidential nature or not, in a variety of ways:
- Data. Customers or individuals (collectively and individually, "Persons") submit, share, generate, provide or otherwise grant access to Data to Friendlybuzz. For example, Customers or individuals granted access to the Services by a Customer or otherwise using, engaging or interacting with or benefitting from the Services (whether directly or indirectly), submit, share, generate, provide or otherwise grant access to Data to Friendlybuzz, including data already created or generated by Customers or individuals that was submitted, shared, provided or otherwise granted access to Friendlybuzz.
- Other Information. Friendlybuzz also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information, including the following:
- Account information. To create or update an account, you or the Customer supply Friendlybuzz with an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or other details. In addition, Customers may provide Friendlybuzz (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
- Usage information.
- Services metadata. When a Person interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Persons use the Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Friendlybuzz collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, the Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Friendlybuzz may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- 3. Cookie information. Friendlybuzz uses a variety of cookies and similar technologies in our Websites and Services to help us collect Other Information. For more details about how we use these technologies, and your opt-out opportunities and other options, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- 4. Contact information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device or other third-party API, any contact information that a Person chooses to import (such as an address book from a device or API) is collected when using the Services.
- 5. Third-Party data. Friendlybuzz may receive data about organizations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, users, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate-level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- 6. Additional information provided to Friendlybuzz. We also receive Other Information in other ways, such as, for example, if you participate or have participated in a phone call that is or was handled through our system, or participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, enroll in a certification program or other educational program hosted by Friendlybuzz or a vendor, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Friendlybuzz.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as account setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Friendlybuzz uses Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Friendlybuzz uses Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Information to support delivery of the Services under a Contract, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities, or at a Person’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Information to respond.
- To develop and provide additional features. Friendlybuzz tries to make the Services as useful as possible. For example, we may use Information to customize a Services experience, or create new or improved features, services and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you can generally not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Friendlybuzz. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them. If you have additional questions about a message you have received from Friendlybuzz please get in touch through the contact mechanisms described below.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Friendlybuzz may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
In addition, we may use Information to train models for use by services and features, new and/or existing; to improve services and features, new and/or existing; to conduct research and development of products and/or services; or as otherwise provided in an agreement between us and Customer. For the avoidance of doubt, we retain all and exclusive ownership in and to machine learning or other results.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Friendlybuzz may share and disclose Information, as described in the section entitled 'Information We Collect and Receive' above.
- The Customer’s Instructions. Friendlybuzz may share and disclose Information in accordance with a Customer’s instructions and with appropriate consent, including any applicable terms in the Contract and the Customer’s use of Services functionality and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services. When a Person submits Information, it may be displayed to other Persons using the Services. For example, a Person’s name may be displayed with their profile to other Persons.
- Collaborating with Others. The Services provide different ways for Persons to collaborate. Information, such as a Person’s profile Information, may be shared.
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Persons, and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify, or restrict access to Information. This may include, for example, the Customer using Service features to export logs of activity.
- Third-Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third-party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services, or we may share business information to develop strategic partnerships with Third-Party Service providers..
- Corporate Affiliates. Friendlybuzz may share Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Friendlybuzz’s Business. If Friendlybuzz engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Friendlybuzz’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities, some or all Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or deidentified Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or deidentified Information with prospects or partners for business or research
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Friendlybuzz, its users, or third parties, including enforcing its contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing illegal activity, fraud, or security issues, including to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- With Consent. Friendlybuzz may share Information with third parties when we have consent to do so. Friendlybuzz may share Information with consent of the primary owner of such account or, where relevant, authorized corporate or other officer.
Friendlybuzz seeks to protect Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Friendlybuzz, like other software providers, cannot guarantee that Information during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. In addition, when you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third-party sites.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Friendlybuzz does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Individuals across the globe, including the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and Brazil, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information.
To the extent that Friendlybuzz’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation or other applicable laws covering the processing of Personal Data such as the UK Data Protection Act and the Brazilian General Data Protection Act (Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados), Friendlybuzz relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Friendlybuzz may also process Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Friendlybuzz’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”
For more details about the personal information we have collected over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, please see the Information We Collect And Receive section above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the How We Use Information section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the How We Share and Disclose Information section above. Please note that we may use third-party cookies for our advertising purposes as further described.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
When we refer to Friendlybuzz, we mean the following entity: Friendlybuzz Company, PBC.
Effective: December 31, 2023